Rivanna Rowing Club (RRC) members frequently attend regattas as individual competitors or as crews — in sculling and sweep boats. Races include Masters Nationals and fall head races such as Occoquan Chase and Head of the Charles.
RRC coached programs (Jr and Adult) support racing by encouraging rowers to commit early in the season to permit practice sessions with established boat lineups. Expenses related to regattas (entry fees, boat transportation, etc) are above and beyond the program fee, and will be borne by those racing.
The following regattas are typically attended each Summer:
- Virginia Boat Club Sprints Regatta, Richmond, VA — June 9, 2018
- Occoquan Masters Sprints, Occoquan, VA — July 8??
- Quaker City Masters Regatta, Philadelphia, PA — August 4, 2018
The following races are available in the Fall:
- Wye Island Regatta, Wye Island, MD — September 8, 2018
- Head of the Charles, Cambridge, MA — October 20-21, 2018
Don’t see one listed here? Let us know if you find one you’d like to get coached for on RegattaCentral’s listings.
If you intend to race at regattas as a member of RRC, you will need to be a member of USRowing at the “basic” or higher level as well as sign their online liability waiver and photo release. Visit our instructions page for USRowing registration.
RRC owns a boat trailer that members/coaches may use to transport boats to and from races. Please consult the RRC_Handbook for details.