Calling all club members and participants!
Please bring only reusable, plastic water bottles when coming to the Boathouse and the Rivanna.
- Disposable bottles not only pollute but can cause damage to launch propellers
- Metal bottles can cause damage to the bottom of the our boats when they are dropped or roll around
What if I don’t have/remember a reusable plastic bottle?
- You may convert a disposable plastic bottle, such as a Gatorade bottle, into a reusable one — just be sure to write your name and telephone number on it with a permanent (Sharpie) marker.
- If you forget your bottle, please use one of the clean, reusable bottles kept in the brown cabinet in the sweep bay. Wash and return when finished.
- If you forget your water and spares aren’t available, emergency use of a disposable bottle is acceptable on a one-time basis only.